Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Twilight Meditations Sessions - Night 7

The meditation section of the CD is complete.  The last track, Dawn Breaks...er..Daybreak.  Hmmm.   Which sounds better to you?  Anyway, it renews us with the promise of the new day, and all of the wonderful things that come with it.

The empowerment I have felt these last seven days has been truly remarkable.  It has, technical issues notwithstanding, been an effortless process.  Gone are pretty much all of the ideas in the sunrise cd folder, which was my rough ideas session to draw from, but this is the way the disc needed to come out.  I didn't fight it (much).  Heheh.

I plan to write 2 more pieces tomorrow, to sort of Sum up all of the themes that have been explored in these pieces.  I stayed away from repeating themes in each of the songs, because I really wanted time to explore as many "hooks" as possible.  Some of the pieces start very upbeat, and slowly wind to a pastoral end.  Some stay at an even keel.

I listen to these seven tracks and realize that there is nothing left to say musically.  Oh I could go on and on here, but my yammering is just verbal comments on something that must be heard.  Its kind of like the Matrix, only the real Matrix is better than anything I could ever come up with.

I hope to, in the future, work with a certain editor I know, to set some of these pieces to video.  Deep Blue and Star Trails especially could make good fodder for this creative editor who has mastered animation, stop motion, live action, etc...

Tomorrow I mix four more pieces and the CD will be complete.  Critical listening will take place Wednesday, and with any luck, it will be FTP'd to Discmakers shortly there after for replication.

I've seen some of the preliminary artwork that Jenn has done, and it is both incredible and inspiring.  Deep Blue was written because of one of her ideas she showed me.  She has some alternate covers as well, I asked for the other ones to be possible other albums.  But we shall see.

I think I may have said everything I need to with this one project.

See you tomorrow
jack

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you'd like, I can give it a listen before it's off to discmakers. Either way I'm excited to hear it. I love your instrumental music. I still listen to your piano album when I want to relax.

-Vinnie

Jack said...

Thanks Vinny. Its literally got to out the door tomorrow afternoon for me to get the deadline, but you'll be one of the first i'll send a disc to. You, Kimmy, Marc and Lisa, and Heather get the first few.

Thanks for reading man, I wish you didn't live so far away.

j