Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Changes

So much has changed since 2012.

A move, change in career, multiple heartbreaks... but an undeniable mending.  Not involving romance, but the imminent defeat of a life-long illness that has always been a constant source of fear and dread.  In 3 short weeks, the first of four surgeries will remove a mass from my brain - the source of my neurological aching.  30 years of struggle, pain and anxiety will abate... Lord willing the procedures are successful.

It will change me.  The neurosurgeon has assured me that my personality, my ability with music, my core self will remain the same - but it may take some time to get used to feeling fully healed - and myself again.

If you read this still - any fans, family or friends, then this is the time.  Pray.  Survivability is good, but not assured.  I will beat this.  I will win. 

And such music will I create when I am well.

j

No comments: