Saturday, May 30, 2009

Twilight Meditations Sessions - Night 2

Morning Gang

Well, its night two (well, morning two) of the final Twilight Meditation CD project.  Even as I complete the second track of this CD, I'm starting to feel a bit... apprehensive about finishing it this week.  These last two nights have been really magical.  I don't want it to end.  No one is awake, almost in the whole world, at least from where I'm sitting, and the sounds that the computers and the modules are making just make me so happy.  This Fazioli sample (Piano) is so beautiful I want to go buy the real thing.

Anyone have an extra 250k they can lend?  ;)

Anyway, no more misty, I'm a guy for God's sake.

Track two, tentatively named Vapor on the Fields, clocks in at 8 minutes.  It draws just a touch from the last theme in the first track, but it goes to different and varied places.  Some of it is very warm, especially in the middle, with adagio strings in a very low register.  Its almost pastoral.  The predominate instrument in the piece is a Classical Guitar.  I'd say I did this because it sets the harp, Fazioli Grand and Strings nicely, but I really did it for Jenn, cause she said she loves the instrument.  So do I.

The CD continues to thumb it's metaphorical nose at me at completely deviate from what I had planned to record.  I think I'm getting okay with it though.  I opened my manuscript for the first time and ACK! wrote the piece out with a pen!  Had to, too many changes and I was getting lost at some points.  Sleep deprivation and orchestration, man, any composer will tell you they go hand in hand.

Tonight finished early, which I am thankful for, because I have an evening scheduled with some good friends tonight, and I want to enjoy myself without too much fatigue.

See you Sunday :)

jack

No comments: